Welcome to the South East Asia Petroleum Exploration Society
SEAPEX, or the South East Asia Petroleum Exploration Society is a non-profit organization that was established in 1973.
A voluntary organization SEAPEX has developed itself to have over 1,600 active members worldwide.
The objectives of SEAPEX are to:
- Advance the science of geology and related earth sciences for petroleum and gas exploration, development and production specifically in South East Asia
- Act as a body to improve awareness of oil and gas industry issues in the community
- Foster a spirit of scientific research
- Promote technologies for finding, developing and producing hydrocarbons
- Disseminate information related to petroleum geoscience
- Inspire a high standard of professional conduct
In order to do this SEAPEX holds regular meetings in Singapore on the second Friday of every second month. These meetings include:
- A 45-60 minute presentation on upstream related topics
- Opportunity to network, with each meeting attracting representatives from more than 100 E&P Companies operating throughout the Far East
In addition, SEAPEX holds regular Technical & Farmout Forums and a number of informal meetings are held periodically by the SEAPEX Regional Chapters.
SEAPEX also holds a biennial Exploration Conference; the next one is scheduled for 3rd – 5th April 2019 in Singapore and is expected to attract over 1000 delegates (generally the Conference is massively oversubscribed). (www.seapexconf.com)
SEAPEX also distributes a monthly E-Bulletin and a quarterly magazine The SEAPEX Press.
If you wish to review the benefits or join SEAPEX then click here.